I've open this blog recently to be able to talk about something really close to my heart: values. I live a life where I try to stick to what I believe are important core values and I find that these values get challenged on daily basis by modern society. Therefore, instead of blaming the changing world and the lack of responsibility and take the easy road of resentment and despair, I choose to look at the world and try and find the answer to this question: Are values getting lost or are they diiferent lowadays than they uised to be?
Then I'd like to push it as far as: What are the new values and will they help this world keep going and changing in a positive manner?
Now, let's get the basic stuff out of the way:
1)Will I post regularly to this blog? Nope, no time for regular posting and I will just post when I have something to say. No need to rant or go on just for the fake of posting, let's keep it simple.
2) Will there be ads on this blog? Sure.
3) Will this blog reflect a general trend of thinking? Nope, just my opinions.
4) Is there a need to ask anymore questions? Nope, don't think so.
This blog will be simple and straightforward, I hope it opens conversations about values and other beliefs ad they evolve with the world we live in.
I think everybody has to carve out their own pathway through society that meets with the value standards of the individual rather than allowing society to call the shots. That said, there are times when compromise is a necessity but you have to pick and choose your battles. We all know that there are many commonplace practices in our social institutions, in education, media, business government, etc. which need to be challenged and there are moments when we need to ask ourselves if we are to go along with the program or find another way around...
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment Seth. That is why I created this blog: try to find out where compromises need to be made and where we need to remind ourselves of lost values. This will be by no means authoritative but rather a research.
Delete